Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Feeling good

Meditated before falling asleep, with focus on the head yesterday evening. After that, I think I fiddled with some equations for a few hours.

Eventually had a dream of climbing a cliff. Although there was a rope hanging down from the top of the cliff, it was worn out and tangled. As I climbed higher, someone climbing just before me managed to untangle it. I think it was a young girl who was so lightweight and yet muscular enough that the she really didn't need the rope. Anyway, when I tried leaning on the rope to test if it would withstand my weight, it seemed like it wouldn't be able to withstand me. There was a railing as well, not too far from where I was at, so I tried to make it there to test if the railing would hold. However, there was an elderly lady cautiously descending and she was using the railing. Gently tried the railing and found that most likely it also would not be able to withstand my weight. Well whatever, stepped aside to where there was no path, relying on small cracks between the rocks and a lot of willpower to cling to the rocks. It was slippery and a single slip would have caused a fairly long fall, which is why I had tried my best at following the safest path that a lot of others had already taken before me. I was convinced that falling would mean certain death. But it did not matter, for I knew what I could achieve with the help of my willpower and concentration. A few hours later I had reached the top of the cliff, and continued until I had climbed to the top of the trees. Had to descend a little again to meet up with some friends who were waiting for me in the woods.

Although in that dream, climbing was tough, it was not tougher than the adventure park in Latvia that I've visited a few times. Moreover, I'm quite thankful that in this dream there was no gravity or space warping going on which used to prevent me from climbing in dreams in early childhood.

A quick pranayama in the morning and throughout the day I felt better than I have been feeling for the past few years. Somehow, the body seems happy. During the day it became quite stormy outside.

Re-met an old man at the university library and wished him a Happy New Year (I wish the same to all the readers, too =). I've met him once before at the canteen at work, perhaps a couple of years ago. At first he apologized for his lousy memory, after which he recalled my workgroup, the topic that we discussed, some specifics of the discussion, as well as the date and time when we discussed it. I was impressed and commended him on his memory. I found it inspiring how he was constantly looking for ways to improve his memory by convincing himself that it was not good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment