Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, April 18, 2014

Learning languages

On the Latvia visit on Wednesday, realized that I couldn't communicate with bus drivers nor shopkeepers. I knew English but they only knew Latvian and some also knew Russian.

Inspired by the Lucy trailer, I started learning Russian from memory.
At the event, some presentations were in Latvian. Focused on speech pattern recognition and learned some words and language structures.

On my way back, browsed through the list of movies on the bus seat display. The best one seemed to be Gagarin, which was in Russian only. Watched that and learned more Russian. A very inspiring film. I was amazed at the rate of learning.

Although the sun was very warm, I found the wind really cold. The cold might've also been enhanced by lack of sleep and minimal eating. A lot of healing. I was amazed at the accuracy of the internal compass. I could walk in a random direction and once I would start going back, I would end up on the path I came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment