Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Workaholicism

A lot of busy days. A lot of building and then the boss comes in and says we've got it all wrong and need to disassemble everything. Less and less time to finish stuff every day and a lot of stuff still hasn't arrived yet.

In the evenings, I just laid down in bed for a couple of hours, then meditated for about an hour and went to sleep. Oh, and practice sketching a little. I just feel too demotivated to do anything else.

Some of the friends pointed at me and commented on me meditating there. "That's weird. See what all your yapping did to him." Tried to maintain the state of mind and continue focusing on the emptiness and the surrounding area. When I opened my eyes, one of the guys said "Hey, look! He woke up again!" At that moment, my control over the psi in the area staggered a little .. stuff crackled at the boundary of the area in focus.

Today morning, after practicing some pranayama, I enjoyed the emptiness of the mind while having some of the Kundalini flow around. A little bird made 3 attempts to enter the room. Thought that perhaps it was attracted to the Kundalini.

Quite likely the main reason why I'm a workaholic is that it exhausts the mind and offers a small step on my path of enlightenment.

An interesting sequence of events at the beginning of this week. I took my MP3 player out of my pocket. Saw that one of the ear buds bounced against the wall and fell behind the bunk bed. Sought for it for maybe 10 minutes. Gave up and meditated instead. Next morning, I find the bud in my pocket. That same evening, I took the MP3 player, jumped up onto the bed .. one of the ear buds bounced off the blanket and fell behind the bunk bed. At least, that's what I saw. Sought for it for about 2 minutes, gave up and jumped up onto the bed again .. the ear bud was now on the blanket, it rolled off and fell behind the bunk bed. Jumped down again and this time I _actually_found_ it under the bed. I was relieved. Pretty queer. I knew it would happen and I didn't want it to happen, because the bud was so small that I was afraid I would lose it.

Edit: One of the roommates failed at closing the fridge door. It swung open so that he didn't notice. I looked at it and decided to tell him, but some seconds later it suddenly swung and almost closed on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment