Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, February 10, 2019

Caputi's experiment

Helped a colleague move yesterday evening. Some physical workout after a long time with no sports. It was good.

Some weekend work, after which I tried Caputi's weather experiment today which I mentioned in the previous post. I would prefer to have longer epochs and less of them. However, I understand why the 10 active + 10 passive configuration was used (statistics, reducing uncertainty). With longer epochs it would be easier to become entrained to the target (especially since it's not shown) but the whole experiment would take a lot longer as well. Additionally, I would prefer to have the test end with a passive epoch in order to mitigate accumulative effects that I observed with my Crookes radiometer setup.

Edit: Wrote to the provided e-mail address with a few ideas. Hopefully it's not a witch-hunt trap :-).

Following the experiment I became quite tired and slept for ~3 h. Haven't practised pk for a while.

Watched Bandersnatch and found it to be interesting and well-made but somewhat frustrating as well. Frustrating due to the lack of choices. This is also what I found lacking when playing a selection-based adventure book as a kid or RPGs at a later age. I would've preferred for the protagonist to pull himself together and fix the bugs in the game. I used to work on a PC game engine for text-based selection adventures maybe 15+ years ago until a schoolmate introduced me to his MUD which I found to be superior.

1 comment:

  1. https://deltaaware.org/scoreboard/
    It seems that the scoreboard was updated yesterday. Got both average and best session odds 1 in 3.3. Will retry sometime later, to see if I manage to improve it.

    ReplyDelete