Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, March 29, 2019

Mercury spill

Dream

I was building or repairing something in aunt's old room at the summerhouse. Asked for pliers from the living room. Someone brought me the pliers. I tried using them but somehow they broke and transformed into a bunch of mercury which then flew onto the living room floor.

First of all, I failed to comprehend how it's possible for pliers to turn into mercury. This was so sudden that I lacked a good idea of how to clean it up. What's worse: it's a wooden plank floor and I figured there's no way to get the mercury out from all the cracks.

So I just stood there, wondering about all of this. At the same time, I noticed how the droplets of mercury were randomly moving around .. as if they were minding their own lives, totally unaware of me and my problem.

Morning

Checked e-mail and realized the meaning of the dream.

Just a couple of days ago there was a journalist at work. The journalist was in a rush with publishing so there was barely any time to review their draft. I did not have the time, except for pointing out a couple of factual mistakes.

Apparently yesterday evening an agency had been offended by the message. They expect all related news to be coordinated with them first. This is understandable because they stand for all the partners and some of these partners might find the message offensive. However, coordinating the article would mean about a month of delays in the journalist's news article. Moreover, the journalist would probably lose all sensationalism in the article, meaning that they would no longer get enough title clicks. And then there are some engineers who are neither fond of being interviewed by journalists, nor particularly fascinated about having to deal with politics.

So I did what seemed the most reasonable to me - I apologized for my incompetence in handling the press. Also analyzed the experience from as many viewpoints as I could, in order to learn as much as possible.

The situation is the way it is and it can't be cleaned up properly. Considering their own viewpoints, both the agency as well as the journalist are right. Honorable acts, when projected through this society, sometimes become distorted and turn into something else. In the end it's up to the engineers to also learn both journalism and politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment