Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Warrior's perspective

Yesterday .. 11 hours of work, school, then came home and +6 hours of checking thesis source code documentation. This made me real happy, because while I was at it, it became meditative. Eventually the body was half asleep, half awake and yet nicely focused on the task at hand.

Occasionally felt slight pain above the head, saw a golden white light being radiated from the top of the head. Occasionally also saw shadows form, fly around and dissolve above the head. However, I did not raise my eyes from the screen .. just saw through the head.

Slept for 5 hours and went on the journey of printing the thesis and submitting it.

Have been practising "warrior's perspective" again or however it's called (got the name from a clip of Castaneda audiobook). The idea is to put up against desires when there's a strong urge.

Last night I refused the urge to sleep until I had finished what I had started. Also, when sister comes to chat, I would put up against the urge to say something if I know that she's wrong about some thing or other. Used to practise this a lot several years ago. Would wait for hours before thinking "dude is late". Would sleep on the floor without double thoughts and if I were to catch cold, that would mean the concentration wasn't strong enough and I would practise concentration with self-healing. Stuff like that.

Interesting, how before military service, I practised this and after the service, I tried to avoid such mind patterns at any cost. Or rather, I thought that was what I had learned from service. Wrong .. I was more of a "warrior" at the beginning of the service than I was at the end.

Well, at least now I have walked that segment of the path several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment