Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, July 4, 2013

Rant and geisting

Felt pretty lightweight, compared to previous days.

Yesterday night I found myself having an unhealthy perspective on things. Looked at the perspective, which then took a specific shape and form in the mind .. and dissolved after a while.

Participated in the today from a not-too-happy-tense perspective. Some geisting because of that .. problems with network connections, getting blocked from some servers, etc.

The main problem at work: "Let's just hacky hard-code it and then rewrite it later when there's more time."

This has taken me weeks to explain that this is not how good software is designed. Difficult to describe it to management guys, who haven't had experience in developing larger systems nor coding much. And the more I speak with them, the more they want me to be involved. On the other hand, it's not my task to steal valuable lessons from other people. Should just let them do whatever they want, even if it would cost them several years to acquire the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment