Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, April 19, 2015

Concentration

A pretty sunset, blocked by apartment blocks. Out of boredom and frustration, I did a longer session of staring. First I listened to music and stared at the background images, to try and quiet the mind.

Sat on the bed and tried to meditate, but fell asleep pretty quick. So, I cycled through various practices. Trataka on the indicator light of an extension cord. Then closed the eyes and focused on the feeling of the room. Just before falling asleep, I laid down on my back and stared at the lamp and practised lighting it up with pk. When the eyes got tired again, closed them and practised the sensation of weightlessness and levitation. When close to falling asleep again, I continued with trataka on the indicator light and so on..

Noticed something new. Well, it's not new that my eye-sight is sometimes very good and sometimes the eyes don't focus very well. However, noticed that the clarity of sight depends on concentration. Trataka on the extension cord indicator progressed in cycles where my mind fixed onto the target (the image became very sharp), then relaxed (the image of the light turned into what looked like a flower of blurry light).

During one of the pk sessions on the lamp, concentration peaked a record, I think. The lamp did not light up, but for a split-second a very bright orb appeared about 50 cm from it, and caused a spot of reduced sensitivity on the eyes.

Returned to the laptop, checked the forum and found an old post from Owltwelve, with the following videos:


Very short clips, but explained the issues I've been having for quite a while already. All of this has been rubbing my nose, but somehow I've still managed to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment