Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Stomach ache

Chilly wind blew through the stomach, I guess.

Well, at Shirak's forum I've been trying to sound smart, teaching limpidprogress and stuff. So, I took the stomach ache as a challenge to try out a few methods and ideas while walking to school for a meeting. A 5.7 km walk with a somewhat stormy weather at 4 *C. Another 5.7 km back in the evening.

Methods that I tried and all of these seemed to have a positive effect:
  1. Concentration practice by focusing on a visualization of having a Buddha body.
  2. Focus on the pain, while trying to stay an observer (not trying to avoid the pain, nor clinging to it).
  3. Imagined that pain was caused by tension and tried releasing the tension.
However, all these methods had temporary effect (released waves of heat), because the pain and feeling sick were merely the consequence or the fruit of my karma (actions). Thus, I had to endure it one way or another, without trying to escape from it.

One thing I noticed. Pain helps to silence the internal dialogue, which makes it easier to speak less. Boosting ego also had no charm. While sick, we try to avoid unnecessary energy leaks .. so it's a great boost for spiritual development.

In my mind, I asked someone: "What sort of lesson is it that I have to learn in order for the pain to go away?" The answer was: "What sort of lesson do you want?" For me, this answer was a bit unexpected, as I hadn't thought about it this way. Aimed for (re-)learning to turn everything into a meditation.

Interesting discussion with father and sister in the evening, on what's Lucifer. Realized something during the discussion and also, the discussion occasionally became meditative (reducing the pain).

No comments:

Post a Comment