Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, February 15, 2010

Feel his crosshair!

It has happened before, but I don't think it was that intense the last time. There is an electronics engineer from Sony Ericsson, who provides us with tools and advice to build the satellite. Well, this time I literally felt it when he looked at me from the behind. Even if he was just looking around in the room, probably not even thinking about me being there. The feeling was so intense and focused that I could tell exactly where he was looking at. Nothing like this has happened with him before, although I have had the feeling that he's not just a simple engineer (he always kindly shares his knowledge and stays calm no matter what situation he's in).

It might have been some kind of a self-defense shield or something, I thought. That's because I had been messing with recompiling the GNU Arm toolchain for 3 days already, with no success - the chip still throws a HardFault on a simple comparison between 2 floating-point variables. I was a bit ashamed of being unable to solve the issue.

Also, I saw those dark transparent circles or actually, ovals - aka "crosshair" again. I could see them on white snow and on the light-gray clouded sky. I could see it with both of my eyes and it always followed the spot where I was looking at (right at the center of my "viewing frustum"). I couldn't tell if these ovals were affected by the objects I was looking at or not, because I couldn't see them on darker surfaces because they were transparent. But I don't think it's related to any fancy 'n fluffy energy thing - it's most likely just a natural effect of the eyes.

Being unable to get that software floating-point arithmetics working and having messed up my ubuntu by upgrading it (X server doesn't detect my keyboard anymore - probably an udev issue), I was quite pissed. This clearly shows just how low my skill at keeping my mind clean is.

No comments:

Post a Comment