Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dreams, dreams

A couple of nights ago I had a dream, where I woke up in a hospital / mental health care / prison. I don't know what it was and I don't know whose body it was that I was inhabiting. For now, I'll refer to that as "I". I had been brought in there with several injuries. My head and my arm (I think it was left) were in bands. I had been there for quite some time and I was recovering nicely.

I was meditating when another person was brought into the room. I thought he would ask: "What are you in for?" If he had, I would've replied: "You don't want to know". But he didn't. We discussed something else (I don't remember what it was, though).

Soon I felt my mouth was too dry. Took some water into a metal cup. Water became food. Although I was already full, I emptied the cup with pleasure.

The latter part is the same in this waking reality .. I'm hungry even when I'm full.

Last night I had a dream that stood out again.

I was at a lab, building stuff. For some reason, a bunch of other white-coats were operating a violet-blue (UV?) laser .. they were cutting a piece of metal, an inch or two thick.

Although the laser was pointed away from us, at first it blinded me, then the ray hit me several times. What is more, they did not announce when they were going to fire the laser, so it hit me at random times .. couldn't prepare. Finally I tried to crawl through from underneath, but the ray bent and tracked me.

I was not afraid, more like annoyed. Although it made my head ache, blinded the eyes, popped the ears and so on .. I wondered how all of the effects were temporary and far milder than what I would've expected from such a laser (which cuts thick metal like butter).

With Mom's help, we decoded the dreams from a few weeks ago. Then I realized how I had consciously acted as if I had understood the dreams, when actually I had not. So, interpreting dreams with the rational mind is not even necessary.

A good dream dictionary:
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/l.htm

So, I'll try to decode the recent dreams also.

The lab dream:
  • Lab coat represents protective nature or a desire to sanitize the situation. Perhaps even an attempt to cover it up.
  • Laser symbolizes clarity and truth. In my case, laser also symbolizes the energy cultivation exercise, which I mentioned in the previous post. Sometimes I visualize the column of energy as a laser, self-amplifying the intense energy flow.
  • Injury represents an injury of the ego.
The prison dream:
  • Overeating signifies a lack of spirituality and fulfilment in the waking life.
  • Eating alone signifies loss, loneliness, depression. Eating may be a replacement for companionship and provide a form of comfort. Note that in the waking life I almost always eat alone.
  • Muddy or dirty water indicates negative emotions or thinking / judgement that is unclear.
  • Hospital represents needing or being involved in a healing process of the body or mind.
  • Prison indicates being censored. Creativity is being limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment