Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, April 11, 2011

Bored silly

Woke up at 6.30 AM again. Went to school. The first was the practical for Embedded Systems, for which I had already finished all the tasks the last time (even added some "more advanced stuff" to cure the boredom the last time). Then the lecture of Embedded Systems, where I was yawning and pecking sleep in the front row again =D. No, the lecturer isn't bad and the lectures aren't bad either, but it's just .. boring.

Focused on the screen, attempting to draw smiley faces on it. I could see the smiley faces, though, they were transparent and raw psi without any flaring. No matter how I focused on these smiley faces being of specific colors, they didn't become visible like that.

Occasionally targeted the blackboard sponge in an attempt to make it bounce or something .. didn't happen. Sometimes focused on a towel that was hanging at the faucet. I think I could swing it a little.

After this lecture, I went to wait for the next one. Leaned my head against a wooden cabinet door and practiced making it feel softer to my head. In the end, it didn't feel solid and hard at all. Though, I no longer felt so sleepy.

Stared outside the window. There were a spruce and a few leaf trees that I tried to bend. The effect was most noticeable on the spruce .. it swayed quite a bit from a standstill. Enough for it to be visible from about 60 meters. At some point this whole tree bending started to feel too violent and I looked for something better.

There was a flag on the roof of a student corporation building. It was flapping to my right and I decided to reverse it. Well, it occasionally flapped towards me, but rarely did it flap against the direction of the wind around it. I looked away for a few seconds and when I looked back, wind changed direction and the flag was now flapping towards my left.

Recording it would've looked rather suspicious, I think. I'm not a daredevil when friends might start to doubt my sanity.

Slept during the day. Sometimes it feels like I'm hanging around somewhere in the real world, without a body. Decided to wake up. Woke up and at the same moment, someone called .. wrong number. Haven't had any of those for ten years or something. I'm pretty much content with the timing though =).

5 comments:

  1. You're... practicing TK during class? What if someone notices and goes all hysterical "OMIGOD THE SPONGE MOVED BY ITSELF"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are physicists .. everything can be explained in a million ways =D.

    Maybe the ground shook, or it was not well balanced and tiny air currents in the room gave it the final nudge. It would be more funny if it hopped into air, but there should be an "explanation" to that as well..

    Though, I usually feel stupid after an attempt to mis-explain something in such a way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, you can basically do away with everything by explaining it in a million ways.
    "Why did he have to die in a car accident?" Well, the sun's rays made a 45° angle with his eyes, which blinded him enough to not see the car in front of him, and blahblah
    I don't like those kind of things, being overly skeptical and everything. But I guess those people keep the world in balance, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I don't like them either. Although it might even be physically correct, I feel like trying to hide me from myself each time.

    This makes me subconsciously do the same whenever I have success with pk and stab me back with doubt. One can't lie to themselves.

    On the other hand, if I would only practice it at home, there's another subconscious pattern that would get imprinted .. inability to do it in public.

    Maybe we should start calling ourselves magicians or something =D. Then we can label everything as "illusion" - it sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *~Everything is an illusion~*
    But even then you get the same backstab problem: you'll start thinking yourself into seeing it move.

    Also, good point about the "I-only-do-this-at-home"-pattern. I need to get better quick so I can practice other small things in the outside world.

    ReplyDelete