Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blackout, a big one

Someone has set up a toy windmill on their balcony across the street again. It cheers me up each time I see it. 

I'm falling asleep during OBE practices more easily again.

This time I set myself a goal, but it seems like it would take ::sigh:: some time before I'm able to achieve it. I wanted to have an OBE and fly to the Moon, to look for aliens and owtwelve's practice grounds =P.

Realized I was about to fall asleep again and was about to wake up. I had been observing Mom. She asked something from someone else in the same room and wrote down some kind of a meeting time that seemed work-related (6 PM or something, if I recall it correctly).  Hopefully she doesn't go calling us, asking "What happened? Are you alright?" due to having felt my presence again =D. She once did, after a meditation session in a tent at our summerhouse. Can't find that blog entry though..

Woke up and attempted to have an OBE.
<something happened, everything went dark and UPS-es started beeping>
Opened my eyes and went to the balcony. It looked as if about 1/4 of the town was dark. The blackout lasted for 30 minutes.

Edit: According to experts, the protection fuses had switched off seemingly without a reason. Blackout lasted for 35 minutes.

Since there was no electricity, I thought it would be fun to practice pk on the lamp, trying to light it up. I overestimated my courage and stopped it before it happened. I had lost awareness of my hands and felt the lamp with all its wiring instead. Awareness was gathering in the lamp from the rest of my body as well (I could still see it through the physical eyes though). The feeling of "atmospheric density" around the lamp (me) was reaching a level where I became afraid of accidentally shattering it. It contains a small amount of mercury, so it wouldn't be a very good idea to break it.

Electricity was back. Probably fell asleep. I had decided to sleep with the balcony door open this time. Well, it turned out quite cold and even the warm socks of psi were not enough that I had conjured before the OBE attempts. The rest of the body was cold as well. Although it's about 28 - 29 *C in the sun during the day, I guess it's about 5 *C at night (at least it was 9 *C in the morning, when the sun was out). Didn't sleep too well..

3 comments:

  1. Falling asleep during OBE attempts happens to me to, lol. Things I've noticed which helps me are; trying in the morning,like don't move for awhile when you 1st wake up; sleep paralysis comes easily that way. Also, using the wake back to sleep method. WBS means, taking a nap during the day, then going to bed earlier than usual. Wake up from an alarm 2 or 3 hours after going to bed and move around a bit, like get a drink or read fro 20min. Then attempt an to induce sleep paralysis & OBE exit.

    If you can sit in meditation long enough, you may also get paralysis & be able to get out. It's really important to not feel fear about the process. I still get scared or anxious sometimes, which always messes things up. I've noticed that when I fill myself up with love & happiness memories, fear goes away & OBEs go better. My main technique when anxiety starts is to remember what it's like to hug my cat. Sometimes when I begin to feel dissociated from my body I get scared & my breathing gets unsteady(big problem), but the feeling of hugging my cat calms me & I start to get out easier.

    Last night before bed, I was meditating until I body dissociation set in. I got to where is could see through closed eyelids & move my astral arms. Then I began hearing my mother speak to me! I saw a white light which she seemed to be behind, but I could hear her. I asked her if she could help me to get out or if it was possible to see her when I was out. She then reached her right arm through the light held my astral arm. Then she said. "you'll come and see me when you are ready. Until then I will visit you in dreams, or talk to you in your mind." That was definitely my most profound(even if partial)OBE since my 1st one when I was 9 years old. It was easier at 9yrs, because I didn't have expectations back then, lol:)

    -Owltwelve

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty interesting. I usually light a candle during power outages and daydream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. o.O

    I can't remember having experienced any sleep paralysis. When I attempt to move my body, there is a short delay before it fully wakes up (usually a few seconds). After that, I can move it again.

    @HiFi: I found it a bit weird that I had been looking out on the street, enjoying the feeling of street lamps peacefully emitting light just before going to bed. When I realized I was falling asleep, there was a blackout around the whole area.

    Usually a rapid change in awareness only results in a loud snapping sound or sometimes a light flicker.

    ReplyDelete