Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, May 17, 2015

Clothes eating moth

Hmm .. for months, there have been clothes eating moths in the kitchen, eating flour, flakes and tea. Father and sister have been trying to catch and kill them, I've just been observing them and letting them be .. although to my rational mind these creatures look despicable. By now, the cupboard is empty of old flour bags that were cluttering it.

For a few times, I've noticed a moth standing at a spot for days without moving .. as if staring at me.

Last night I read Castaneda's "Tales of Power" .. the part about Castaneda's experience with the moth.

Went to bed. A minute or two later, I felt someone tapping the left shoulder rhythmically. Focused in that direction and at that moment it stopped.

In the morning when I opened the eyes (I was oriented towards the left), there was a moth on the wall, staring at me. It's the same moth that meditates on the spot for days and rarely moves around.

Well, practised clearing my mind, then .. for some time. Once when I got lost in thoughts or hypnagogic imagery, I heard someone at my right calling me back. Anyway, I had some success, but not enough to do anything with it. I noticed that what I had previously considered a blank mind, actually wasn't. And that somewhere between the previously-thought-blank-mind states, there was something deeper. Only caught glimpses of that deeper state, but I guess while in it, there was no sensory input.

Climbed out of bed .. the moth didn't budge.

The dream I had last night was kind of boring, in my opinion. Some emotions and a lot of strange symbols. In general, I was following people and got attached to them, forgetting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment