Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, May 14, 2015

Geisting signals

Last night I stared out of the balcony window. Stared at the trees, expanding my awareness so that I would feel the trees as my body. My mind was not clear, though, and it woke up the sea gulls sleeping on the roofs. They started circling around, shrieking. Made an attempt to clear my mind, while continuing with the practice. Sea gulls landed back on top of the buildings and became silent.

While listening to Castaneda's "Journey to Ixtlan" again today, I think I realized how my attempts at absorptive meditation have been very similar to Castaneda's attempt at "not doing". In his case, don Juan interrupted the procedure whenever it became dangerous (danger of becoming lost in it). In my case, there has always been geisting in the room, which has startled me out of it. Yesterday an old CRT monitor cracked really loud (well, at least louder than it ever has) while I was in the bed, practising concentration on something. So far I haven't thought about the geisting as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment