Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Some chest-like exercises again

Tried waterpicking again in the morning and it was actually affected by my intentions similarly to the attempt 2 days ago.

Meditated for about 1 hour (well, actually a few minutes less) with pauses (had to move my legs to allow for blood circulation). For the first few minutes, I chanted "Ommm..." in my mind many times while visualizing the symbol of "Om" (as well as I could remember it, cause I have seen it only a couple of times and haven't really paid much attention to the details). The next few minutes, I chanted "Om mani padme hum.." (just a mantra that I saw somewhere once and it got stuck into my memory). This time I visualized the chanting with a typical monk voice as clearly as I could. I tried to visualize the Om symbol again, but couldn't. So I visualized myself meditating in my self-built dreamworld. Calmness along with a good feeling of concetration came in and my ego (or that part of myself that's constantly trying to mess up everything progressive I'm trying to do) drew my attention to the people below my balcony.

I opened my eyes and noticed that my body had become quite calm. Checked the clock and only a few minutes had passed. I closed my eyes again and visualized myself meditating in my dream world again, but this time with levitation and in another place I had created on that purpose. I also visualized a few butterflies, ants and birds moving around me this time. It still got a bit boring, so I left a part of me meditating there and went to explore the high alien-style building I had once created for studying stuff while meditating / dreaming. Instead of books, I had added an old monk in white clothes onto the top floor and I was going to visit him for some concentration exercises. Before I even made it to the building, everything started spinning around me with every step towards the tower. Tried moving fast, levitation, stasis field, but none of these helped. So, I had to put a lot of effort into sensing the amount of rotation and spinning myself with the same speed in reverse. Got to the tower / tall building finally, but this time the elevator didn't work and was quite unstable; making jerky movements up and down. Again, stasis field didn't help and simply concentrating on the elevator didn't help either. I had to kind of concentrate deeper into myself so that the dreamworld almost faded away. When I both concentrated deep into myself and maintained the dreamworld while concentrating on the elevator, I occasionally managed to control it.

When I arrived up at the room where the monk was sitting, he asked me to gain better control over the elevator before he would give me a new exercise. So, now I had to gain control over the elevator while it was in the upper position, go down, gain control over it again and repeat the process until I had mastered moving the elevator with my mind. Man, it was difficult and I guess that's what took me most of the hour of meditation time. Furthermore, in meditation or dream state, time ticks faster than in reality. I could tell that the monk was a bit disappointed in such a slow progress of mine. Anyway, I finally thought I had gotten the hang of it and went up to the monk again. He gave me a huge cake with which I had to master the elevator again. It was difficult to even balance it in my hands so that it wouldn't fall apart, so it took me a while before I could even think of approaching the elevator again. 

I finally got a shield over the cake so that I was able to throw it around without making it crash down into porridge. The cake had a cherry or something at the top that had the tendency to fall off. Other than that, playing with the elevator while holding the cake wasn't as difficult as I had first thought. The only problem was that any jerky movement would apply an acceleration and deform the cake. So I had to master it without any jerky movements and with smooth deceleration at both ends (top and bottom floor). I took off, longing for some vacation from these exercises. I said I would be back tomorrow and went to visualize my second house in the dreamworld. While doing that, I suddenly noticed that some kind of vibration had kicked into everything around me. When I focused in on it, the previous spinning exercise was back on me again. I was quickly able to overcome it without much effort this time.

Waterpicked some again. I threw the toothpick into the water (at the center of the plastic box) and tried to make it swim to one end of the box parallel with the longer edge. The toothpick made it. Now I tried to make it swim back without rotating. It sometimes kind of like started moving backwards, but then I lost concentration again. Its will was so great to continue going in the direction it was first ordered to that whenever I lost concentration, it would quickly accelerate into swimming in the original direction again. It slid towards a longer edge of the box and at about 1.5 cm, I finally got it to move back towards me. The toothpick swum to my side of the box, parallel to the longer edges. Now I wanted it to reverse its direction again before hitting the edge. It was all the same - couldn't do it at first and when I could, I couldn't get it go to the other edge. It just stopped halfway and started coming back, cause I suddenly lost my concentration again. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment