Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, July 30, 2010

Rainshield and waterpickin'

It was raining yesterday and I got the chance to try shielding myself against rain again. I haven't had any measurable success yet, but it did seem as if the probability of getting hit by a raindrop lessened when I was concentrating on the shield. I also noticed that my shirt was dotted with raindrops - it wasn't all wet. Well, it wasn't raining very bad either - just a constant dripping. What was weird though, was that within the last few (like 8) minutes of the 35 minute walk I could no longer concentrate enough and  as more drops started falling on my shirt, it got wet like within minutes. I had just checked my shirt those 8 minutes ago and it was half-dry, half-wet. So, it could have actually worked .. to some extent, that is.

I also tried waterpicking again yesterday. I had taken a 2-day break from PK practice. =/ The results were just as expected. After such a break, I'm able to get things moving better than during constant practice. However, a few seconds later it's all gone. This time I suddenly lost all of my belief. Suddenly these pk-suicidal thoughts popped into my mind: "It's moving! What? It's impossible, I can't move it." Yup, and I was staring at it for like 10 minutes after that. I could no longer even visualize the feeling of it moving.

Took it up again today. This time I also threw in a cotton bud, thinking that I might be able to move one in one direction and the other in the other direction. This way, I would avoid inducing a habit of only being able to move the toothpick in one direction (which has been the case so far). Well, I could move it for the first second, I guess. Then silence. I occasionally managed to amplify up the feeling of how they should move, but my mind kept killing it by trying to move it in the opposite direction at the same time. =P So I taped it to test if the objects were wiggling forwards and backwards when I watched it at hi-speed. That seemed to be the case indeed and although I couldn't be sure if I saw them moving with my own eyes, they actually had been moving at the moments I felt it. I guess that at least the feelings should be right then.

No comments:

Post a Comment