Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, July 1, 2010

Naruto::awaken

Watched todays Naruto Shippuuden (167) and it was simply awesome how it all had come together. Having struggled through a lot of difficulties, Naruto was at a loss, realizing that it has all been pointless and he hasn't reached anything he had been dreaming of. He didn't care anymore and was ready to leave everything behind. It's interesting how this always happens when we're actually the closest to the destination - to the point we have always been reaching for and we just can't realize it (we're so blinded by what has always been going on in front of our eyes that we see the same when in actuality there's nothing in front of us). At the same moment, The Fourth Hokage, aka Naruto's father appeared. It really felt like Naruto became enlightened the moment he saw his father. Like the mirage before his eyes faded away and he could tell where he was, realizing how all of his experiences and decisions fit together as his path to the point he has reached.


It's really difficult to pass on the feeling through words. I experienced a tiny version of this feeling when I got the last place in the local Olympiad in Informatics. I was so pissed at myself that I mocked myself until I found that half of me was mocking the other half, which was already crying, as it felt responsible for all that had happened. Then suddenly (a couple of seconds later) I realized that there had to be 2 of me, or otherwise it couldn't have happened and when I did, I burst out laughing. I realized how it all fits together and how almost everything I had done, was necessary for what happened. I couldn't thank myself enough for getting myself into this; it just felt so good.

Watched some youtube videos of owltwelve in this post on psionicsonline. Really cool work on moving on from psi-wheel. On some other thread (this one), he suggested the practice of Samyama (stare at an object and when the eyes grow tired, close them and visualize the object as detailed and clear as possible). 

=P The first thing I tried it on, were a few trees ... just to discover that I had picked one of the most difficult object to visualize with my eyes closed. It's funny that staring at my own image in the mirror with a blank mind was exactly what I was doing back here: http://sussch-daweird.blogspot.com/2007/06/first-near-obe.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment