Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Saturday, August 6, 2011

None of that ever happened

Wind was blowing some sort of a paper thing around on the road. Managed to lift it for a sec.
The stuff that flies from dandelion flowers, that's also good to fly around with.
That stuff (the seeds)

Was geisting HardFaults on electronics at work again. There's a board and software that I'm testing before radiation tests. Its output showed quite a lot of watchdog resets and real-time clock time skew events. There were distinct time periods when these anomalies occurred very frequently. For most of the time, there were no anomalies.

I've often come to notice that when I look at the memory leds blinking, they sometimes stop blinking for a longer time period (time skew) or I would see it resetting. What's strange about it, when I later check the data, I see that none of what I saw actually happened (perfectly normal operation during that time). Quantum mechanics sure is weird.

Also, I sometimes found that some of my code had disappeared. No trace of it (couldn't undo it back) except for my memory.

This time-skew effect I've seen before. When I look at the seconds on a clock on the wall or on PC screen, it sometimes stops for multiple seconds and then jumps by multiple digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment