Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, June 7, 2015

Shadowrun

I've played quite a bit of Shadowrun recently. Shadowrun: Dragonfall is very good, in my opinion .. almost comparable to Fallout 2. Very good storyline, packs conspiracy theories, ancient civilizations, magic, shamanism, jedi-ism in addition to the run-around-with-guns in a post-apocalyptic world.

Such video games have sometimes helped me uncover a specific attitude towards the world. Especially when the outcome of a situation in the game depends on dialogue options and it's missing the line that I would want to say. The attitude: Since I'm in this situation with these resources, then there must be a way out with what I have.

For most of the time, this mentality works better in reality than it does in video games, because the latter are still rather limited. However, right when I had adopted the attitude, even seemingly impossible conditions sparked good tactics.

Another aspect of gaming is the involvement of psionics and geisting. A locked door .. I enter 5 numbers in some order, without letting the rational mind interfere .. click, door opens on first attempt. Cool. Sometimes subconscious mind has notified me of when to save, which dialogue options to select, based on the intended outcome and so on. Today when the player character was taking a train home, and there was a description of the wind in the train tunnel .. bam, living room window blasts open and a strong wind blows through my room. Paused the game and closed the window :).

Anyway, last night my mind was full of Shadowrun clutter. Managed to brush it up before entering sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment