Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Thursday, May 12, 2011

Have self-confidence

The wise man lets his heart overflow 
but keeps silent his mouth.
-- Thoth, translation by Doreal

I used to follow this, but lately I've been yapping about stuff again. At some moment today, Blogger was closed for maintenance. Although it's done, log in seems to be broken .. can't post.

Anyway, what I wanted to post was that I think I had an OBE or two during a 4-hour nap. I was in a half-dream state, but aware of what was going on around me. The door was open and Dad occasionally walked past, I was lying on my back, body was pretty relaxed. There were some faint low-amplitude vibrations, I attempted to amplify them, but for some reason I couldn't. At some moment, I felt falling to my left. Ignored the reflex of grabbing the body and fell next to the bed.

A "wow" moment again, looked around. Obviously I wasn't quite in the real plane, as there was wallpaper on the ceiling. Flew out through the wall, really happy about it. Poofed to some more pretty landscape, flew around some.

Remembered that my goal has always been to practice levitation next to the body. Poofed back into my room, tried to lift myself vertically while in a cross-legged pose (had previously been flying horizontally). Found it amazingly difficult to do, for some reason I couldn't visualize the feeling of vertical lift. A screen appeared where there had been balcony door and window, a video of some woman teaching levitation started playing. Can't remember everything that she said, but it seemed that my problem was lack self-confidence and belief in myself.

While out, all emotions and feelings seemed amazingly strong .. like explosions of sorts.

Can't remember what I did or what happened, but the same problem popped up everywhere .. self-confidence and belief that I can actually do it. Somewhere deep down I doubt in myself.

Woke up, checked the forums. Some guy (the Psion) had appeared on PsionicsOnline with their first post on the same thing .. self-confidence. He (hope I'm not messing with their gender) had a theory that pain comes from insecurity deep down. He had just performed an experiment, crashing into a steel fence at 65 miles per hour with a four-wheeler. His body didn't respond at first, but he got everything working by just thinking it working. He walked away with a small bruise on his hip, not much left of the four-wheeler.


Amazing, what all comes down to insecurities deep within.

3 comments:

  1. Reproducing comments due to Blogger back-up issue..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great OBE, to me man! It's funny, it can be hard to resist the instinct to grab hold during OBEs, where there is a sense of falling.

    There are couple of tips on OBEs which have really helped me. One is that many Astral Projectors, have said that most flying & falling dreams, are likely half remembered OBEs. In thinking about this over the last year or so, I realized that remembering the details of flying dreams might help me to signal the importance of OBEs to the subconscious. It turned out to be a good idea because my flying dreams are significantly different in sequence & clarity from normal dreams. After putting more detail into keeping a dream journal, it's clear to me that the other astral projectors are right, & I can use the memory of these flying experiences to trigger new OBEs.

    Another important thing I've realized personally about out of body physics, is that it can be extremely useful to think from the end. So, for instance, while it's normal in this reality to think in progressive steps on the path from point A - B. I don't think it works that way in astral worlds. Well, it can, but it's the clumsier way. While out of body thoughts tend to manifest instantly or at least very easily. So, if you are having a problem like floating vertically; it may be helpful to think from the end result you want rather than the road ahead. Just see & feel yourself already floating. If you try to float you can end up manifesting the state of trying to float, if that makes sense. The same can be true of being partially stuck in the body. I always read stories of the gradual process of separating from the body, but it tends to work better for me if I forget the body all together, & immerse my consciousness in the place I want to be, or the random environment my consciousness happens to find:)

    -Owltwelve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, yeah. I guess that's what the lady said as well.

    Though, I think it's the same in this "reality" - it shouldn't be thought of as a chain of progressive steps.

    ReplyDelete