Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One of the most wise days

Cool. Today was probably the day that has taught me the most.

It was the deadline for the thesis. Aand .. I missed it =). My supervisor hadn't had the time to read it through and there's this requirement that the supervisor has to write their opinion on the work.

So, I asked some other people to at least review the introduction and conclusions. So, everyone was shouting bugs and stuff that sucked on my thesis. Some even commented: "Naw, man, no way .. you'll need a couple of more days to fix it."

I was a little surprised at how calm I remained. Managed to fix most of the bugs as fast as they could read. My mind was calm and clear, but the body was a bit stressed. Constantly had to clear my mind and focus on vocabulary that I couldn't remember.

I think I geisted a door swing, almost hitting one of the critics.

Now I feel like I've got it, I think I know how stuff needs to be organized. I used to be too soft, didn't set any strict deadlines for anyone, always accepting all excuses. "Beating" a review out of the supervisor taught me that this method doesn't work.

After fixing bugs and rewriting stuff for about 15 hours straight, I think it can be considered more-or-less done. The supervisor was pretty happy about it.

Hm, it's past midnight and there's an exam tomorrow .. haven't had the time to study for it. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment