Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Saturday, August 24, 2013

Some more on body-focus

It's been a fun ride again, though, it seems something is slipping again. It seems as if it takes more effort again to keep the mind focused.

Would like to be able to turn the senses inward. Within the past few days, there has been one occasion, when my focus on the body was strong enough so that I lost the senses for a second. I guess one time I tried to focus on the resonant frequency of the body, then a loud buzzing of vibrations took over and I felt pulled out of body.

I've noticed that for me, this concentration on the shape of the body exercise indicates 2 levels of depth. The first is just awareness of the shape .. drifts away pretty easily. When I then "burst" the intensity, then I can detail it a little (fingers, toes, hair) and maintain more of the shape in active focus. This shape would last for some time after leaving focus.

One morning, I found that the body had most likely caught a cold during the night (sometimes goes down to 10 *C from about 25 *C during the day). Certain body parts ached. A few minutes of this body-focus exercise healed it.

Recently, dreams have been pretty vivid and detailed, but I still tend to forget them. Can't recall having anything extraordinary enough to remember.

One, which I had recently:
Aunt woke me up to have me do some work. Felt pretty tired. Didn't want to do work at first .. even sensed that I wouldn't have to. Some parents had wanted us to teach their children to swim. But I guess the weather was a bit too chilly, so they might've reconsidered. Anyway, I ended up going for a swim alone. Sure, the water was very hot anymore .. as expected, since it's end of August. While in water, I noticed that a lot of black floaters appeared from the body .. another dream of cleansing. Also noticed that the pond was not far from a couple of dry closets, in shifted space, though. A pretty weird place to go swimming anyway.

Last night I remember discussing a lot of different stuff with some people I knew, but not from this life, nor from any of the dreams I remembered having before.

Edit: Ah, another small observation. A couple of evenings ago, I tried some Pranayama again and this time sensed better what it did. Witnessed it cleanse the mind .. various clusters of desires and thought patterns left through the right nostril. Usually during pranayama practice, I would also "see" the world brighten up .. or clouds and shadows disappear from the awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment