Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Self-hypnosis

Watched taliesin939939's video on self-hypnosis yesterday evening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXNrt2IXgf0

So, I decided to try it out with a goal that I could put into words well enough. I laid down in bed, relaxed my body and started counting down from 100. I let my awareness fall down and deeper with each number. At each number I stopped and visualized the number as clearly as I could before I moved on. It looked like descending with an elevator that was slightly swaying around on each stop (the number slightly moved around).

At some numbers, stuff snapped around me quite loud and startled me more awake again. When I reached 40 and less, I kept falling asleep and forgetting the reason I was down there. Every now and then either my mind popped clear or I realized I was dreaming again. Though, it really messed up my counting. For counting, I had to go higher and wake up a little again. Also, the deeper I went, the more upward pull I experienced.

At some point, I couldn't count anymore and  found the upward pull too strong to put up with. Started repeating my goal until I had surfaced again. During the first few times I said it in my mind, I felt no resistance to my thoughts. This has happened while being awake as well. It feels like thoughts / feelings propagate out into the void and there's suddenly no echo. There's nothing to bounce these waves back.

It's been quite a while since I last remembered my dreams. I didn't even intend on that, a single thought while watching that self-hypnosis video probably did it. Felt really good in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. When I use number counting for self hypnosis, I usually count back from a higher number so I don't reach zero(it's ok if you don't). I think the value is that it keeps your left brain busy, so your subconscious can adsorb suggestions without interference. So, if you count back, it's helpful to have an affirmation; the image of a construct, or the voice of a hypnotist doing the induction for you in the background. Here is a great example:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGw8l0PdAWs

    One of the things that I use the MP3s I make for is this very thing. So, I record my voice with an induction to play in the background. Usually an affirmation in the form of reverse speech of an intention, the image of a construct, or a Sigil.

    Another good technique to occupy the conscious mind, is to imagine a school blackboard. Then take a piece of chalk in your mind, and visualize yourself drawing a circle, making sure to add all sensory input like touch & sound; even the smell of the chalk. Now, draw an "X" inside the circle, making sure the ends of the "X" are touching the inner walls of the circle. You then imagine taking a school eraser, & erasing the "X" without breaking the circle. When you have done this successfully, do the same with the whole alphabet, starting with "A".

    -Owltwelve

    ReplyDelete