Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, June 21, 2013

Addictions, cravings

An amazing video on addiction and cravings:
Thanks a lot for sharing this, Owltwelve!

Although I've used some of the methods described, it still felt as if I had learned a lot from this guy, most of what was not verbally expressed in the video. Several "flashbacks" of foreign places and several Deja Vu's after watching this video.

I've misunderstood a lot. Used to think it was right to think of every object as if they were ideal, to treat each person as if they were always perfect at all their abilities and skills. Got to see them as what they are in this moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Copy-pasta of what I wrote on the forum yesterday:

I thought I had a blog post on it, but couldn't find it somehow.

While on the bus at a bus station, I noticed a lady step out for a smoke. Observed her, acquired a feeling of her and her addiction to smoking. Once she inhaled the first mouthful of smoke, both of us experienced the incredible pleasure of her body getting its dose of nicotine. It was obvious that she tried to reproduce the effect again several times afterwards, but did not experience the pleasure anymore. Here, simply because of experiencing a boost of empathy, I was this "psychic implant" that amplified her pleasure and caused the addiction to grow deeper.

I think it might work similar with pr*n, too. It's not so much because we're addicted, but because there is consciousness enjoying it through us. Also similar to how FullMetal Alchemist monsters Greed, Pride and Envy worked. They consisted of hundreds of people, united by properties of their personalities. Greedy people powered monster Greed, envious people Envy and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment