Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Killer exam

The exam in electricity & magnetism really was a killer - there were quite a lot of questions about the specifics of some technological inventions. Getting an 'A' would be really far-fetched. I guess I should be happy with a 'C' or something. But well, let's see - I answered all the questions so there's a possibility that most of them are right.

Edit: I got a 'C'. I barely got enough points so that I didn't fall through (exam was 67 / 100 and total points 78 / 100). It's interesting that I got the 4th place among all of the participants, but it's pretty far from an 'A' anyway. So, another miss from the perspective of micro-PK practice. Well, there's still the oral exam - _maybe_ I can better my results there. =/

Edit: Edit: I messed up a few times at the oral exam. The professor even said: "How can someone with your level make such a mistake?" I answered: "My level is probably too low for this.." and he said it was a 7th grade math problem. Well, once he showed me how it's actually done, I found it was elementary (Ohm's law =D), but still I had gotten it wrong in the exam. He even said that so far nobody has passed the exam with that mistake - he has bombed all of them, who have gotten it wrong.

Edit: Edit: Actually, it remembered me of a joke I made in the lecture - he was commenting the exams of year 2009 and said that it's embarrassing, how people don't know Ohm's law. Everybody laughed and I said to one of my buddies: "This time it's probably going to be me." That buddy answered: "No way man, it's gonna be me, who gets the Ohm's law wrong in the exam." Well, both of us did XD.

Edit: Edit: 2.5 hours of oral examination had made my head all foggy and the professor gave me a problem to solve to make it all up. Well, I integrated a minute or two and saw how wrong I had answered before. Then he asked me if I wanted to fight on for an 'A'. I was like: "What? No, my level probably won't reach that high." Wow, I had gotten a 'B' and an 'A' wouldn't have been so far-fetched at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment