Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rebellious subconscious

The problems with studying for that exam continue.

Joined the satellite team (building the first Estonian satellite) for a lunch. I left my stuff home - wouldn't need them at the restaurant anyway. I thought that it was going to last for maybe 1.5 - 2 hours, but everything got dragged and then at the end of the lunch, someone asked: "the today's meeting takes place, right?" And it occurred to me that "Damn, I had totally forgotten that it's Tuesday." (There's a meeting every Tuesday)

Glanced at the clock and saw that there were only 1.5 hours until the meeting - no point in going home. However, I still managed to use most of it for studying though - used a school computer.

Well, the meeting started and again it dragged and lasted for full 2 hours. The last time there was a meeting that long was in September, I guess.

I'm a bit nervous about that exam, got to meditate some before going to bed. Looked at the clock - it was 11.39 PM - so, I only had 21 minutes, because I had set 0.00 as the maximal limit for going to sleep. Well, 8.5 hours is still not enough, but it was the least I could do.

Couldn't meditate in the usual position - leg started to hurt. Switched the legs and started meditating. Now that I had little time there was a new release of the focus exercise - a sharp-bottomed manger full of fish that constantly fell over with all the fish falling all over the ground. I tried a hack-solution - thought it would stay upright if I ran with it. It did, somewhat, but I felt that this wasn't the right solution for it - the right one is always the most difficult (and that's why it's the right one). Managed to leave the scene and calm myself down enough. Woke up, looked at the clock again and it was exactly 0.00 - great timing.

Note: See the chest exercise for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment