Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Friday, January 1, 2010

Meditation rhythm

The first minutes of year 2010 felt calm and peaceful.

Caught cold during New Year's eve again, I guess. Found that my head was cold in the morning. The left hemisphere, which seems (feels) to be the one I use the most, was especially cold. I had a difficult time trying to heal it - it always changed back to how it was before healing. Couldn't gather enough psi, because I couldn't concentrate well enough anymore. Most of the left hemisphere looked "white" with only a few "blue" spots. Where blue symbolizes healthy cells and white - I don't know, haven't seen anything like this before. I visualized the whole brain turning blue, but immediately when I focused on another part of my brain, some other parts started turning white again. Messed with it for an hour or so, when I finally started feeling some warmth in the head. I then changed the healthy color from blue to green and visualized green moss, green grass and trees and felt even better.

It seemed strange again that my right hemisphere looked and felt blank, thus being uninjured. It's as if it's totally unused. How can it be possible if my left hand is actually much more accurate than my right hand although the latter one is dominant.

Tried to meditate in a room crowded with playing children. The first 15-20 minutes I couldn't reach any deeper meditation states and the meditation session turned out as another PK practice. I felt the bed and mattress slightly bending around me. The next 10-15 minutes I just obeyed my breathing rhythm and fell into a deeper meditation state. Saw quick and simple picture-flashes that best described my mindset. Simple, because each picture only contained one symbol / feeling. One of these pictures was muddy water on a concrete floor. Can't remember any others - didn't pay that much attention to them. Felt calm and relaxed after the session.

I guess that it's the deeper meditation states that help for concentration and control. And to achieve a deeper meditation state with lots of disturbance, the concentrating on breathing technique seems to work well. Probably any technique that uses some kind of rhythm, could work. Maybe that's why old shamen danced themselves into trance - I think it was the dancing rhythm that helped them.

No comments:

Post a Comment