Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Monday, November 15, 2010

Max Planck

Owltwelve had set another video as favorite. It was a compilation of well-put sentences from multiple films and videos (some of which I had seen earlier). What caught my attention though, was a quote from Max Planck. I googled up some of his quotes and found this page: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Max_Planck. A couple of quotes to express my amazement:

As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.
I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness. 
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.

In some of these quotes, I can recognize spontaneous ideas that have popped into my mind at random moments. A lot of them express my perspective on things amazingly well. I'm simply amazed..

No comments:

Post a Comment