Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Remote controlled bugs

Almost the whole weekend of study group in quantum mechanics - getting ready for the exam on Thursday. It's the first subject over the 3 years for which we have organized anything similar. My personal opinion is that it's somewhat overkill, but I guess I would need it for the book anyway (decided to start writing a book for introducing psionics to physicists one day).

I would have had time to also practice pk before going to bed yesterday, but I was rather tired and meditated instead. It felt really good, but furniture started snapping all over the apartment again and being startled, I stopped meditating. When I did, I realized that I shouldn't have - it's like my old habit of waking up from a nightmare; one is supposed to face it and solve the problem instead of always fleeing from it.

Sister bought a couple of remote controlled bugs as Christmas presents for 2 young cousins. She got them cheap and we were checking them with father. Due to a lot of faults, I was rather skeptical about it. 

After charging, one of them worked well (the one with almost no visible faults - only a dent in the antenna), although frequently acted on its own (flying around on the floor without pressing a button). There was probably a lot of noise on 40 and 27 MHz. Also, the manufacturer had shipped a random antenna that was not a multiple of a quarter of wavelength - which causes a lot of interference.

The other didn't even flap its wings (had been left switched on for some reason and its back wing was slightly bent under the weight of the remote controller). We had decided to take it back to the store, but then tried it again. Still only the yaw motor was working. I looked at it with compassion and thought that it would be great if it worked. The wings suddenly twitched on their own and after that, it was working amazingly well.

I don't know what was wrong, but it reminded me of my Robotex robots that worked well before the competition and went on strikes when start had been fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment