Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hemi-Sync not completely useless

The test was a real killer - I guess I'm not going to get a score better than my last one. At least I solved every problem (there's a pretty high probability that there are a few mistakes in the solutions though).

Anyway, I should take another full 1 hour meditation to get things going again and regain my focus.

After the lecture of Computer Physics I and on my way home, I met this guy I sat right next to for 3 times and passed by. We always went in different directions and on the 3rd time, he started laughing when he saw me again. Funny coincidences sometimes.

Before going to sleep, I meditated maybe 10 minutes, facing the wall (I wanted to try an uncommon orientation / position for meditating). I didn't pay any attention to it before, but now I noticed it - when I closed my eyes, it felt as if I could only see with one eye. It was a bit weird, I mean I'm not supposed to see anything even with my eyes closed and yet there's this feeling
that I'm only seeing things 2D with my eyes closed. I started thinking that maybe my brain hemispheres are out of sync.

I remembered that I had copied a few Hemi-Sync meditation mp3-s onto my mp3 player. At first I tried to achieve the same effect without using anything but my own brain. I increased the psi-pressure in my right hemisphere and then tried to sync them just by feeling them syncing. I could immediately see the results - my vision of "darkness" (still my eyes closed) became 3D, but slowly morphed back to 2D when I thought about the hemi-sync waves again. I picked up the noise that I can usually hear in the background, started fading it in and out in different phases for both hemispheres - just the way the real hemi-sync mp3-s sound. It actually worked, but to the same extent that the previous attempt did.

I then stopped meditating and grabbed my mp3 player to search for that "meditation" directory, but I couldn't find it anywhere. While searching, I managed to break the mp3 player's forward button - it just stuck in the low position. Then I remembered that I had deleted all those mp3-s,
because I thought they were completely useless as I couldn't see any effect on my practice whether I was listening to them or not. Now I think I know why they are useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment