Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Saturday, December 4, 2010

Robotex '10

Watching Robotex 2010 live. This is the time when robots really become alive, acquire a personality and do how they see fit.

I decided to cheer for the robot of one of my friends that take part in the competition. In the first match, their robot just stood still and did nothing. I wished I would see it moving.

Next match it was moving slowly and kicking golf balls randomly around the field.

Next round, it was still slow but started hitting a few goals. There were matches against faster and more accurate robots, but so far they have won them .. with real funny "coincidences". It was nice to see their faces .. amazed at their luck XD.

I had wished they would get the 4th place .. and they've got it, yay =D.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so cool! I was just watching some of the golf ball stuff on youtube:)

    -Owltwelve

    ReplyDelete
  2. =D I had a feeling that you would comment here.

    Unfortunately, only Robotex 2009 finals are up on youtube at the moment. The robots in Robotex 2010 finals were so fast already that judges could barely count the balls before the match was over.

    They should upload clips of all matches. Not-so-well-working robots are a bit more fun, because one might never know what they are capable of. Sports can be pretty amusing with some pk slipped in =D.

    ReplyDelete