Welcome

The goal of this blog is to motivate myself and others for further practice as well as provide details that might explain what's going on..


Sunday, October 10, 2010

Flame amplifier

Spent most of the day studying for tomorrow's test and occasionally checked the forums for any news.

Watched one of the radiometer recordings and found it rather pointless to record anymore - the radiometer vanes were usually spinning at about the same frequency as the camera's frame rate. So, the speed-downs that got caught on the recording are just moments when I could see a vane on 2 or 3 frames instead of 1 =D - nothing worth uploading.

Attempted to record another attempt on swinging my room door just to see how it would look like when I managed to do it. Well, the camera kept adjusting its focus so that every 2 seconds, the whole image went blurry and then back sharp - even though I could occasionally feel it moving, nothing could be seen on the blurry recording.

Then I thought I should try to record pk on a candle. It worked better .. for a few minutes and then started focusing in and out just the way it did on the door. I was having trouble feeling the flame again. No pulsing and only slight movement because of that.

Instead of feeling the flame, I felt the candle and the plate the candle was on. When I felt the whole candle move slightly, the flame hopped as if the candle had accelerated and stopped fast, leaving the flame leaning with inertia. Also, when I felt the plate slanting, flame slanted in the opposite direction. The movements of the plate and candle were barely visible, but somehow it greatly affected the flame (amplified like more than 10x). I don't know how to explain this.

No comments:

Post a Comment